What's New at ActiveLife?
- Snow Shoveling Safety
- It's an early winter and snow is here, and with it so is snow shoveling and snow-blowing. These activities, especially shoveling, can be hard on your shoulders, back and knees. Some tips to decrease the risk of snow removal injuries include:
- warming up before you start the activity,
- taking smaller scoops at one time,
- using your legs to aid in shoveling so the stress isn’t all on your back and shoulders,
- breaking it up into multiple sessions if the amount of the snow is significant,
- Using proper posture as described in this image, can be helpful too.
-JR Marshall, PT, ActiveLife
Call or email ActiveLife for more information. See the "Contact Us" page
Follow us on Facebook!